Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Still floating on a spiritual high

Today is day two post-GIC and I am still feeling spiritually supercharged.  I am also still mentally processing all of the information from the workshops and the talks by Neil Anderson, Marilee Pierce Dunker, and Lenoard Sweet.  My new prayer has become:  "Anxious in nothing.  Prayerful in everything.  Thankful in anything.  Equals peace."  I am also processing the fact that this is no longer a Guttenberg world of words and poems but a TGIF world of images and stories.  TGIF meaning Twitter, Google, I-Phone, and Facebook.  I was reminded of this again this afternoon in talking with a collegue about trying to communicate something to her clients.  She's talking in words instead of images and stories.  Hopefully she will be able to turn it around.  We also talked how even in their texting adolescents and young adults don't even speak in words any more but in a new language made up of just different letters, not really acronyms but something similiar like OMG, LOL, R, U, B4, and many many more.  It is a language that many of us middle-aged and older adults don't even know what the terminology means.  Then there are words like tweet, retweet, peeps, twebes, etc.  I am asking myself can we learn the language fast enough to even make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment