Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm Back

Well after not posting for some time I'm back.  I have been working 8AM-5:30PM for six weeks but will be returning to my regular schedule on Monday.  I really have not felt like doing anything once I got home except veg out watching TV and knitting.  I was working with the adolescents and they just left me drained.  The ones I had just were not ready to stop smoking marijuana except for the three weeks while they were in IOP.  Therefore, I ended the day feeling like I had been beating my head against a wall.
I also tried to attend Celebrate Recovery during this time but just never seemed to get much out of the meetings.  Maybe that is because I have already been doing what is advised.  The other thing is that I really do not like to back out once I get home.  I did complete the Network Spiritual Gifts study except for my coaching session.  Just can't seem to connect with the lady who is schedule to coach me.  Of course, other than becoming a coach myself and a mentor for ladies from the DTRM who join Asbury, I have no plans to add or delete any of the things I already do.
Next Wednesday morning we will be resuming the knitting/crocheting group meeting.  Have two new ladies who will be joining us and am really looking forward to meeting them.  One lady has already donated a couple of lovely crocheted shawls.
Finally had the bunionectomy on my left foot.  Surgery went well and the pain is almost gone.  It did however, allow me three days away from work, not that I have done much with the time except finish one cardigan and starting another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment