Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My 90-day Journey Begins

Day One: Place Your Full Confidence in God

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value
Proverbs 31:10-11

"For your Maker is your husband--
the LORD Almighty is his name--
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.
The LORD will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit--
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected," says your God.
Isaiah 54:5-6

I have decided to use this format to once again attempt to do the full 90-days journey through Donna Partow's book "Becoming The Woman God Wants Me to Be". So here I go!
Day One.
1. List two of your unique personal qualities (e.g., creativity, enthusiams).
(1) creativity and (2) empathetic
2. List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others (e.g., through supporting, inspiring).
(1) by coming up with new creative ways of bringing other women together and (2) listening to others particularly when they are going though hard times without being judgemental or needing to give advice.
3. Assume the world is perfect. Then describe it as you see it--what are people doing, how are they interacting, what does it feel like (e.g., everyone is freely expressing his or her talents in harmonious and loving ways)?
People are not judging one another. They are helping those in need and giving of themselves. People are behaving more Christ-like. There is no hate, prejudice, sterotyping, feelings of superiority.
4. Combine your three answers above in a single statement (e.g., "My personal vision statement is to use my creativity and enthusiasm to support and inspire others to freely express their talents in a harmonious and loving way.")
My personal vision statement is to use my creativity and empathy to bring other women together and listen to one another without being judgemental or needing to give advice; being more Christ-like, and to not hate, sterotype, feel superior, or to be prejudice myself.

As Donna wrote it is very difficult for me to comprehend just what it fully means to have God as my husband. However, he has given me an earthly husband for me to attempt to be the wife that the memory verse for this first week and other weeks is talking about. I know that I will fail at this at times but at those times I need to first ask God's forgiveness and my husband's if the Holy Spirit convicts me of the need to do so. Also that I need to turn to God to help me do better in the future that I might strive to grow into the woman he wants me to be.
"God wants us to stand out as women who know we have something valuable to offer the world. We are capable, intelligent, and virtuous women who inspire full confidence in those who rely on us most, whether our husband, children, employer, or co-worker. The people around us can have full confidence in us because we have full confidence in God and we live accordingly"
In spite of what the deceiver tells me I want to hold on to the truth that God believes I have something valuable to offer the world because he gave me the strengths, talents, and abilities so that I would have something valuable to offer. I may not always inspire full confidence in those who are around me but I do have full confidence in God. Since I have confidence in his promises I can become the woman he wants me to be and a woman who will become the most beautiful bride. Ultimately this will bring the confidence of the people who are most important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment