Sunday, August 30, 2009

Created for Relationships

This chapter struck a deep chord in me. Relationships have always been important to me. However, there was a time when I did not form good healthy relationships. Many of my relationships back then containd discouragers not encouragers. Also they were relationships that reaffirmed my problems and not the solutions. I also like her point about God's list of thirty. I am not certain just who I would put on my list of thirty but I know that the people God wants me to meet today would be so much more meaningful than mine. The other thing about this chapter that struck a chord was the Breakfast Club. It has become my prayer since reading this chapter to ask God to point me to such a group of women. This is another heart's desire that during the Beth Moore Simulcast this weekend that God has told me is possible but like Debbie says in this book I have to be intentional about forming this type of relationship with other women. Debbie put my feelings into words in the closing of this chapter. "As we seek to fulfill the purpose God has put on our hearts, we need to learn from the experiences of others who have been there. We can share our own experiences with those who have not. We need to come together to pray for one another, through good times and bad. I think Sata finds overwhelming satisfaction when he keeps us from one another, for he knows how much better it is when sisters in Christ are together. Don't let him have that satisfaction".
So for me personally I will persue God's purpose for my life and to commit to make room for delighting in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment