Saturday, August 22, 2009

We Are Created For Balance

Boy did I need this chapter this week. My life has recently been anything but balanced. There has been a bit of equality returning but still not truely balanced yet. My biggest problem is not saying no to other people but to myself. If I am not careful I tend to take on more "good projects" than I have time to accomplish. A look at current projects is an example. Knitting a sweater at home, crocheting crosses for Sue Bartlow to take to the women's Kairos trip to Costa Rica in Jan, want to give her 50-60 this year so she can give them to the workers as well or if they go to a second prison like they did last year. Then have three books that I am reading. This one by Debbie Macomber, the one for the Asbury Bookwormettes, and one that I just couldn't resist because everyone is talking about it "The Hole in Our Gospel". Then there is work which is pretty standard schedule. Home work: need to mop that kitchen and bathroom floors and this time around need to steam clean the area where the garbage can sits; vacuum all the carpeted areas and dust; plus really should clean the ceiling fans' blades. What am I doing instead sitting here on the computer. So I needed the reminder of this chapter that I need to establish priorities. What I have gleaned from this chapter is to spend time in prayer to get guidance on my priorities and then realize that I can't do it all at once. I have to remember that God did create me for balance and he will help me accomplish my purpose but not all at once. If I turn to him for direction and guidance then I get accomplished today what he wants me to get done for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment