Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ch. 5: The Magnitude of Decision

In this chapter Michelle talks about getting her first dog Milan. How that came about, the set back, and ultimately actually bring her little puppy home. She tells how she went totally over board with books, toys, etc. but waited until the actual day to buy dog food. One statement in the whole chapter really struck a chord. "The only thing separating us from joy is a simple decision." How true that is in our relationship with God. We are so "busy thinking about what our decision will cost us that we forget to consider what will be gained." This kind of thinking kept me from returning to the church long after I felt the pull to make that move. Like Michelle I now realize that what I gained far out weighted any cost. It is kind of fun how much I really am getting out of this little book about a woman and her little dogs. Something else a little ironic is that I really do not care for shih tzus.

No comments:

Post a Comment