Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 70: Weekly Evaluation

1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me?
Yes, this week God is pushing me to work on a specific project that keeps getting sidetracked.

2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer?
Again this week the areas that look encouraging were love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness. However I continue to need prayer in regards to patience, gentleness, and this week defineately self-control. Self-control of my tongue both in eating too much of the wrong things but also what comes off that tongue (what I say). Also patience with co-workers.

3. What did God teach me during my TAG?
Repeatedly I am touched by scripture related to not only becoming the woman God wants me to be but a woman who presses forward to be close to him, to listen to him, to be healed by him, to feel his loving mercy and grace.

4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue?
The priorities I lived by that Donna has talked about was finding new streams of finances; to that end I am also working on getting rid of clutter. I realized that there were things about my house that were just what my father called "dust collectors" and these were things that I could made a few dollars from selling so I am taking pictures and preparing to sell them. I also am working on the goals of using my talents (knitting & crocheting) to help others. I have joined and am encouraging other to take part in Project Linus. I'm going to be a "blanketeer".

5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect?
I did not spend as much time in Bible study as I normally do. Need to improve on that this next week.

6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me?
This week I did not really learn anything new but was reminded again of the magnitude of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. The enormately of the price he paid to atone for my sins and those of all the world is beyond my limited understanding. If he would do that to ensure my forgiveness then I need to be more understanding and forgiving of the people around me.

7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week?
Steam clean more of my floors, take pictures of the items I want to sell and get ready to post them on ebay and craig's list, spend more time studying God's word and working on the project I feel him leading me to do.

I have scheduled the above in my Personal Notebook/Journal for this next week. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment