Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 72: Dress Your Family for Spiritual Success

Scripture to Memorize:
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30
Passage to Read:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Ephesians 6:10-12
Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to be strong in you and in your mighty power. I put on the full armor of God so that I can take my stand against the devil's schemes. For I know that my struggle is not against flesh and blodd but against the rulers and authorities, the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Help me Lord to not only arm myself but to never forget that my family, friends, and foes are not the enemy. My enemy is spiritual. Holy Spirit equip me to fight the spiritual battles I will face today and every day. Teach me that I may teach my family how to wage war and win decisive battles for kingdom's sake.
Personal:
Donna next instructs us to not only see that our family members are properly clothed when they go out into the world to engage in their daily activities, we should also insure that they are spiritually clothed with the Armor of God (see Eph. 6:14-18) which includes:
Truth - knowing what is right
Righteousness - doing what is right
Peace - being in right relationship with God, yourself, and the world around you
Faith - believing Gd will turn everything out right
Salvation - trusting that you are right with God because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross
The Word of God - giving us the wisdom we need to understnad truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation
Prayer - inviting the power of God into our lives, enabling us to live right
Donna suggests as you gather your family at the breakfast table we need to take a few minutes and insure that everyone is dressed and ready for the day. "Talk about any scheduled events and apply God's truth to the situation. Invite your children to be open about areas of temptation, whether it's the temptation to hold a grudge against a class bully or the temptation to follow the crowd." Include instruction about the rewards of right living and the consequences of not living right, remind them of the importance of doing what is right even when no one is looking.
Donna further states that breakfast is a great time to pray together. Encourage your children to believe tht God's Word is true and that all things work together for good. Thank God for the gift of salvation and ask him to bring people into your life that you may share your experiences with so that they might experience it too.
Affirmation: I dress for spiritual success
Practical:
My daughter no longer lives with me and my ability to instruct her by anything other than my example are over. But I still need to insure that I dress myself with the full armor of God before I leave the house. I need to ask the Holy Spirit to bring to light anything I need to resolve so that I can face the day at peace with God and others. I need to remind myself of God's truths. I need to give thanks for my salvation. I need to ask him to put people in my path that I can share with them so that they to may experience salvation themselves. I do this each morning during my TAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment