Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 90: Final Evaluation

Evaluation of the Last Ninety Days
1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me?
During this study God has pressed on my heart to not only clear out some clutter from my home but also to press forward with some things he had laid on my heart earlier. Particularly the mission of turning my crafts into something that would benefit others. This lead to starting the Asbury Blanketeers. This has already resulted in a new friend who has volunteered to help with this project. As well as two women that I have been corresponding with that I look forward to meeting.
Something else that he has laid on my heart is that I may be getting old and I may make some mistakes but that God is not finished with me yet. I am still a work in progress that he has much more work to do and work for me to do.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer?
During this study I have done fairly well at manifesting love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, and for the most part gentleness. However, I need prayer and the Holy Spirit's help with patience, faithfulness, and defineately self-control. I still lose patience with other, struggle with remaining faithful to my 111.1 commitment. My biggest struggle continues to be controlling my mouth both in what comes out of it and what I put in it. When I'm tired and not feeling good like I have been for the last two weeks I am at my weakest and need to turn to God more but don't always. At those times I say things I later regret and I eat way too many carbs.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG?
God has laid several things on my heart in my time alone with him. For the most part it sort of relates to my answer in the first question. Some of it is just scriptures that come to mind or that he leads me to that stimulate my brain to probe deeper some topic or question. I have started recording these and keeping a journal which I hope to turn into something just not sure what God wants me to do with it yet. Maybe it is just for me but I have a deep sense that it is not.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue?
During this study one of my primary priorities was to of course, finish the study. Also to become more dedicated in daily study of God's word in some what. I had also hoped to work on diet and exercise and early on I did but that has slacked off again. Now I need to jumpstart that again. I need to become more determined in what I purchase with regards to food. I have also become a little more determined on attempting to find additional streams of income. So far that has not panned out very well but there are somethings in process that hopefully will materialize in time. Something I have not really talked about but have been working on is writing more and that too has improved. The discipline of writing this blog everyday has also lead to other daily writings.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect?
For the most part as mentioned above that has been the goals of diet and exercise. As usual I did well for the first few weeks but more recently have given into the desire for chocolate and a bad sinus infection has proven an excuse to stay in bed longer in the morning. For the last two weeks I have gotten up just in time to make it to work at noon. Really need to get back into the habit of getting up and going to the wellness center at least three mornings a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me?
Right now I can not think of anything new I learned. It was more like a reaffirming of things I already knew but tend to forget.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the next ninety days?
  • Become rededicated to diet and exercise.
  • Continue to spend TAG daily, studing His Word, and following His lead.
  • Remain faithful in my two new projects with the book club and the blanketeers.
  • To continue to write and possibly turn that writing into a source of income.
  • To begin a new study besides the book club reading and post to this blog regularly.
  • To use Just Ramblings to begin to explore some of the things God has me asking questions about.
  • Continue to ask the Holy Spirit to help me manifest the fruits of the Spirit in all areas of my life.

For those few who have been following check back to see which book I chose next. I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment