Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 84: Weekly Evaluation

Am going to try to post this quickly before I take more meds and go back to bed. Have a horrific sinus headache today.
1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me? Yes, I did better this week at slowing down and waiting to hear God's voice in my quiet time. This week there was nothing earth shattering but repeatedly got the message to believe Jermiah 29:11.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer? I did much better this week also, however still struggle with self-control in the area of food and sweets. I must share though about the wonderful meeting I had this week with another kindred soul regarding the knitting/crocheting mission at church. I had not met this woman yet and found not only do we have knitting and crocheting in comman but many other things as well. It was such a blessing.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG? That if I will but trust him he will turn even my follies into blessings.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue? My priorities this week have been to continue to make progress in what I see as God's new mission for me. The goals I have pursued is to continue the process of getting rid of something and beginning to contact people regarding this new mission project. Reserved a room for our first Project Linus collection day and for the few women who want to seat and fellowship a speaker from another knitting mission nearby. Found out the heads for the current missions that might like to have items from the group for their mission work. Met someone who is willing to help with this project.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect? I neglected self-control in the area of diet and exercise. The biggest priority I was forced to forego this week was church again this morning.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me? That God if forever faithful even if I am not. The people around me are doing their best and therefore instead of judging them I need to pray for them. My physical family may be widely scattered and not around much but I have an enormous family in God. Also my husband is doing the best he can and I should not judge him but pray for him. That the world is full of hurting people who need our love and not our condemnation.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week? Continue preparing things in an effort to get rid of some things. Be more diligent in controlling my food intake and exercising my body. To love God's people and not judge or condemn. Finish my current crocheting project so that I can start on one or two Project Linus blankets.

I hope everyone has a marvelous week and are feeling healthy and happy this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment