Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 75: Host God's Servants

Scripture to Memorize:
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30
Passage to Read:
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:4-6
Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I delight myself in you. I thank you for giving me the desires of my heart. I can truly say that I am richly blessed. I am often amazed how much I have changed my perspective from what I used to think was so important, to the things that are pleasing to you. Lord, let me more and more, allow my heart to be broken by the things that break your heart.
Today I commit my way to Lord. I trust in you both with the big picture of my life and the day to day mundane routine of my everyday life. I trust you Lord and I trust you to make my righteousness shine. Help me to shine whereever I go. Help me to shine in my everyday life where it is most difficult. Holy Spirit help me to remember that I no longer need to be my own advocate, to fight for my rights, to demand the last word, to be respected. Help me to remember that when my cause is right you will make that obvious. Meanwhile, I entrust myself, my life, and this day to you, with all my heart. I delight in you. May I live my life in a way that announces to all that I delight in you. Help me to realize that you also delight in me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Personal:
In today's lesson Donna encourages us to host traveling missionaries in our homes so that we can expose our children to the need for world missions. She tells the story of how excited her daughter was when then hosted in their home Tina Marie and her husband and also Hector Torres, a Latin American pastor who her daughter really admires. Her daughter told a friend that it was "almost like having dinner with Billy Graham and your favorite movie star at the same time". Donna also talks about the various mission trips that she has gone on with her two daughters and that one of her daughters started going on mission trips at the age of ten.
Donna stated "I do not believe my children would have such a heart for the world if I hadn't deliberately created opportunities for them to meet missionaires up close and personal." She suggest that you talk to you missions director of you church or at the demoninational headquarters to see what your family can do to host missionaires. For some of us we are given that opportunity during GIC. I really wished that I had that opportunity.
Affirmation: I welcome God's servants into my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment