Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 86: Culativate a Caleb Heart

Scripture to Memorize:

Review the entire passage--Proverbs 31:10-31.

Passage to Read:

[Caleb said,] "I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly. So on that Moses swore to me, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.'

"Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eight-five years old! I am still as strong today as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."

Prayer:

Dear Lord, I thank you for the stories that you have included in the Bible. I know that they are meant to teach me. I thank you for this story of Caleb who was a man of amazing faith. He can serve as an example for all of us. He is an inspiration. I pray that I too can have a heart like Caleb. That I can look back over my life and know that I have followed you wholeheartedly. As I complete this study I am taking step toward becoming the woman you created me to be. Thank you Lord for the rewards for those who choose to follow you wholeheartedly. But just as there are rewards, so there are responsiblities. One of these is to be a woman who ages well. As I grow older, let me grow wiser, stronger, braver, and more spiritually alive ad powerful. Help me set an example for other believers and serve as an inspiration to all who meet me. I do not want to be like the world around me, I want to age with dignity and grace, not fear the passing of time. Holy Spirit help me to live my life in such a way that I'll be able to honely say that I followed God wholeheartedly. Give me a Caleb heart. Amen.

Personal:
Donna's lesson today is that it is not enough to live a long healthy life. We have to live a life on mission for God. "That is what Caleb was all about. He was determined to fight for what God told him rightfully belonged to the people of God". She says that she does not want to live her later years consumed with herself but with the things of God. "It's said that Corrie ten Boom led more people to Christ between the ages of eighty and ninety that she did during the entire preceeding years of her life". I want to second her closing request/prayer: "Lord, let me live long and let my heart beat after yours. Make it a Caleb heart!"
Affirmation: I have a Caleb heart.
Practical:
Donna suggests that we read biographies of Christians who lived great lives for God, especially those who served him into their eighties and beyond. She also instructs us to write a vivid description of the woman we want to be at eight-five in our Personal Notebook/Journal.
I want to continue to be active in some way at eighty-five. Even if I have to get around in a motorized wheelchair. I want to be sound mentally and to continue to have a positive attitude toward life. I most defineately want to be active in some mission for the God. What more I want to be like with take some thought. Join me in considering just what we want to be like at age eighty-five.

No comments:

Post a Comment