Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 77: Weekly Evaluation

1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me?
Unfortunately this week I have not been able to slow down long enough, without sleeping, to hear anything. Work has been crazy and have been getting some things done on computer in the hopes of making some money. Need it after my really really dumb stunt.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer?
Well this week was in some ways better and some ways worse. All areas over all looked encouraging except for self-control which continues to need prayer. Prayer for control of my tongue (what I say to others) and mouth (what I put into it). Even the areas of peace, joy, patience, and kindness did okay again inspite of my dumb stunt.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG?
After my dumb stunt God really worked on teaching me to not look for quick fixes for things I mess up on.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue?
The priorities were that God is most important, that wealth is not necessary, and that the most important thing other than God is family. I really did not pursue many of my goals this week. Have been to focused on financial issues and work to focus on much else. Financial issues is a shortage of funds and work is a heavy caseload that requires going in early in order to get paperwork one.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect?
I really did not neglect my daily time alone with God in prayer and Bible study but I rushed through it and did not pause afterwards to listen for God's message.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me?
Life: that there are no quick fixes and if it sounds too good to believe it is. God: that even when I rush through my time with him he still believes in me and wants the best for me. I just need to turn to him more. Family: just how understanding my husband can be. People around me: that most of them are understanding, empathetic, and loving.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week?
Daily prayer, TAG, daily Bible study (get my focus back on something in particular), work that I can get my paperwork done without going in as early, work on getting more things ready to sale, and do some cleaning even though it is grocery shopping week.

No comments:

Post a Comment