Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 41: Weekly Checkup

Cumulative Scripture Review:
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is life the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindles with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has not fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
Proverbs 31:10-21
Prayer:
Dear Lord, help me to always open my arms to the poor and my hands to the needy. Help to not be hard-hearted towards others but to show empathy to all. Holy Spirit keep me grateful for the blessing that have been bestowed on me and thanksful for what I have. God, direct my paths for that my family is properly clothed in sunshine or snow. Help me to show the fruit of the spirit to all I meet. For the guidance you give, for the blessing you bestow, and most of all for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ keep me always grateful. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Practical:
Again today Saturday is the day to catch up on any of the assignments Donna has given us so far in the book. The following is the one-time tasks I have completed:
I have calculated my tithe and committed to give it.
I have completed my assets and liabilities worksheet.
I have gotten rid of all consumer debt except for one bill and am working on paying off that one which is for my truck. That will leave us with just our mortage. I am already saving towards a newer vehicle.
I do live a cash lifestyle.
I have set up automatic savings and investment accounts.

I have begun to incorporate the following positive changes into my daily routine:
I use my Personal Notebook/Journal.
I regularly review my Personal Vision Statement.
I am spending time in my prayer place, enjoying TAG.
I deal proactively with my secret sins.
I am completing this study every day (thanks to this blog), practicing the memory verse. I was almost able to type the scripture above from memory. I recite affirmations daily.
I am consciously selective of how I dress and how I use my time and resources.
I am becoming a more serious student of the Bible.
I am practicing the presence of God, being watchful, thankful, and prayerful.
I am following my evening routine and going to bed on time.
I'm invitiing God to awaken me each morning, saying no to the snooze button (gave in one day this week but not for long), and I am following a morning routine.
I'm exercising more control over my eating habits (need to work on this one more). I did meet with a dietician this week and develop a healthier eating plan.
I'm using smaller plates and controlling food portions.
I'm planning ahead for healthier eating.
I'm not prayer walking but did exercise three days this week and used that as time with God in prayer.
I begin each day with a cleansing drink and actually consume more that 64 oz. of water.
I stop eating several hours before I go to bed.
I do not use a rebounder (for health reasons) but did exercise three days this week using a treadmill, recumbent stationary bike, and the Nu-step which is sort of a recumbent crosstrainer.
I am still routinely taking cleansing baths.
I am using my daily pages and applying the 80/20 rule. INTERESTING SIDE NOTE: in viewing a program on the planet and the problems the human race is encountering because of our unconstrained use of natural resource I learned that 20% of the world's population use 80% of the earth's resources.
I have given away everything I can.
I am tackling things on my Tackle List.
I am tithing.
I am working on clearing away that last rubble of debt.
I have savings and investments on autopilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment