Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 51: Develop Multiple Streams of Income

Scripture to Memorize:
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
Proverbs 31:24-25
Passage to Read:
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her worki vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She see that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps thed spindle with her fingers. . . .
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
Proverbs 31:16-19, 24
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I marvel at the accomplishments of the ideal woman. At times I am intimidated and discouraged. I am not certain I could manage all the various enterprises that she did. Thank your for reminding me that I do not have to compare myself to any one. You made me unique and gave me the strength, skills, talents and experiences that I need to accomplish the tasks that you have set before me. You have placed examples throughout the Bible not to discourage me but to act as encouragement. So show me today and in the coming days what you would have me do to become a smarter businesswoman. Holy Spirit remind me that I have the mind of Christ and I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Help me to prayerfully consider what you would have me do. I seek to do the things that you wish for me to do. I want to use the skills and talents that you have given me Father God to provide for my family but also to benefit your kingdom. I am excited about the adventure that lies ahead as I seek to do the things that you would have me do. Lead me on the path you have designed for me. In Jesus previous name I pray. Amen.
Personal:
In today's lesson Donna instructs us to be diversified in our income sources. She states that we need to have multiple sources of income. Here are some possible ways that she mentioned in today's lesson:
  • "interest from savings
  • dividends from investments
  • rents from properties you own
  • profits from the sale of investment properties
  • profits from your own business
  • residual income from network marketing
  • passive income from the Internet (affiliate marketing and 'infopreneuring')
  • royalties from intellectual property you create (books, music, inventions, and so on)."

Donna also says that "the key to financial success if moving from employment or even self-employment to business ownership and investment. Business owners and investors are not limited to earning money only when they are workng. Instead, they enjoy passive and residual income." She then give a criteria for evaluating if a particular business is a wise investment:

  1. "Leverage: Can I train other people to work for me, so I can earn money while they are working, not just when I, personally, am working?
  2. Control: Do I have a protected system that belongs to me?
  3. Creativity: Will the business allow me to be creative and develop my own personal style and talents?
  4. Expandability: Can my business grow indefinitely?
  5. Predictability: Is my income predictable if I do what is expected of me? If I am successful, and keep expanding my business, will my increase increase with my success and hard work?

Affirmation: I see that my trading is profitable.

Practical:

Although I firmly believe that Donna has a good idea, I am not certain that I have the time or truthfully willingness to begin an at-home business. But I will investigate some possible options. My main hestitation is that I really love what I am already doing and my job does demand a large amount of my time. But as I read through the through the remainder of the week and the remainder of this 90-day Jumpstart program I will think about and consider the options she presents. Because frankly I could always use additional income.

No comments:

Post a Comment