Monday, June 8, 2009

DAy 43: Stick with Your Core Color

Scripture to Memorize:
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
Proverbs 31:22-23
Passage to Read:
I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry; I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. . . . And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.
Ezekiel 16:10-14
Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I am amazed by the beauty you intend for your women! Please clothe me Lord in a manner that is pleasing to you. I know that you really care about the appearance of women. You are truely an awesome and amazing God. Holy Spirit help me to be beautiful on the inside and outside. Help me to be as a radiant Bride awaiting her Bridegroom. Thank you God for understanding that all women saint and sinner wants to look and feel beautiful. I did not feel beautiful when I was clothed in sin but now that I have returned to your fold, dear Lord I want to be clothed in your beauty. Holy Spirit help the radiant love of God and the joy of being loved by him so fill my contenance that no one notices the wrinkles and other imperfections of age. Help me so filled with the love of God and the joy of his love that I am radiant as a Bride. In Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.
Personal:
Donna's advice for us today is that we build our wardrobes around a core color. A core color that is most flattering to us. Then only add additional colors that compliment the core color. I don't exactly follow her guidelines. However, I know what colors are good for me and which ones are not. I only wear those colors. I does help simply what I purchase. I also no longer have to have matching shoes and purses. Since I can no longer wear heels of any size my shoe choices have become even more limited. For those of you who might want to follow Donna's advice in chosing your core color here is the advice she gives:
Dark hair and eyes ------ black
Dark hair with blue or hazel eyes --- go by skin tone; if dark, go with black; if light, go
with navy.
Blonde hair and blue or hazel eyes --- navy
Red hair --- brown
Sandy hair and brown eyes --- camel
I have noticed that I tend to wear basic colors for trousers and skirts and add complimentary tops. This way I can mix and match outfits and by changing tops wear most of the same trousers and skirts year round. But I also have some more pastel colors for Spring and Summer. I have learned the hard way to try things on before I purchase them. I do try to keep my clothes choices limited.
Affirmation: I simplify my life by limiting clothing choices.
Practical:
Donna suggests that you organize period swap parties with friend in which you swap out clothing. This may lessen the pain to purging your closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment