Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 42: Weekly Evaluation

1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? Whas is he saying to me? This week God just emphasized that I continue to do some things I am already doing, i.e., giving away things I no longer use, saving, budgeting, etc.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5-22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer? This week was a very good week and things look encouraging in all these things. I could have used a little more self-control in the area of food and continue to stand in need of prayer in that area. I also still need to continue seek God and a deeper relationship with him. I need to not let up in the area of Bible Study and prayer. These things will help me to continue to exhibit the fruit of the Spirit.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG? To remain faithful and continue to study God's Word, to seek a deepter relationship with Him, and to seek to do His Will in all part's of my life.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue? To daily spend time alone with God and to study His Word. To take care of my body because it is his temple.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect? The priority that pushed to the back burner again this week was care for my home. I really need to get the steamer out and do the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms, but once again did not get to that task.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me? I really do not think I learned anything new, just reminders of things I have known. From my Sunday School lesson (Jennifer Rothschild) to guard my thought closet and what I allow in there. My this study to continue to follow the practices from FPU. From Esther, to guard against pride and to show respect to my husband even if I disagree with him.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals forthe coming week? Keep up with the food plan and exercise plan, to daily spend time alone with God (TAG), to spend time in study of the Bible, to show kindness, and gentleness at work.
Donna reminds us to schedule our priorities or goals for the coming week in our notebook/journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment