Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 57: Identify Household Trouble Spots

Scripture to Memorize:

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:26-27
Passages to Read:
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks. . . .
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her;
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Proverbs 31:17,27-29
Prayer:
Dear Lord, I admit that I am often humbled and intimidated by the virtuous womam of Proverbs 31. I have a hard time not comparing myself with living women around me. When I do compare myself I often feel inferior. When I read Proverbs 31 I sometimes fear that I will not measure up to the ideal that is set in this passage. However, I know that there is not a passage in the Bible that is meant to make me feel bad about myself but it is meant to give me encouragement to strive towards the goal. You have not put an unattainable goal in your word. It is possible for me to become the type of woman in today's passage. It won't be easy but it is possible. Help me set to my work vigorously. Holy Spirit help me to become strong physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Guide me each day so that I can determine the tasks that are most important that day. I realize I can do everything, everyday, every time; therefore I need your guidance. Forgive me for the times I have eaten the bread of idleness. Help me see areas in my life where I need to put forth more effort. Give me the willingness, the vigor, the physical ability to take care of the tasks that you would have me do each day. Thank you for the words of encouragement I receive from my husband and when I don't receive those words help me to realize that I have your encouragement and your example Lord Jesus to follow. Help me do all things as unto you. Amen.
Personal:
Today Donna's instructions are to again focus on the task of managing our homes. She reminds of the 80/20 rule and stated that 20 percent of our home creates 80 percent of our problems. She next instructs us to divide our home, regardless of size, into ten zones and list them on a page in our personal notebook that looks like this:
1. ______________________________
2. ______________________________
3. ______________________________
4. ______________________________
5. ______________________________

6._______________________________

7. ______________________________

8.______________________________

9. _____________________________

10. _____________________________
Then we are to place a star next to the two zones that tend to be the messiest. Then for now focus on organizing these two zones. "Analyze what , exactly, is causing the problem and begin to envision a solution. For inspiration, visit a home organization store."
Here is what mine zone list looks like:
1. Living Room
2. Kitchen
3. Dining area
4. My computer desk area
5. Bo's computer desk area

6. Spare bedroom

7. Master Bedroom

8. My bath

9. Bo'x bath

10. Hallway/Laundry Area


My starred areas are my computer desk area and the spare bedroom. I know what the prblems are but it is a struggle to keep things straightened up. With my computer desk area that is really my work area. In addition to my computer desk, there are shelving units for books, plus a cart that contains my yarn supply, and my tray table that contains my current project. I am doing much better keeping this area picked up but it is something I have to work at. The spare room is a catch all. Things get piled on the bed or ironing board until I take the time to put them away where they really belong or as things stand right now sort through things again and get rid of and store the rest.
Affirmation: I bring order to my home, because God is not a God of disorder.
Practical:
Create a "Zones" page in the Household section of Your Personal Notebook. Use this page to jot down ideas you gather along with your organizational strategy. For me the strategy is to keep my computer area picked up by putting my books up when I am finished with that day's study. To keep my yarn picked up and in the basket that contains my current project. For the spare bedroom I need to purchase a couple of storage bins (again). With all my recent crocheting and knitting projects I have had to move my blue jeans and I need to get a bin to store them. I also need t prepare another box of clothes to go to the CWJC.

No comments:

Post a Comment