Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 62: Weekly Checkup

Cumulative Scripture Review
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindles with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She mades coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate.
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them
and provides the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed in strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:10-27
Turn verses 62-27 into a prayer. Here is mine.
Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for giving me wisdom. Help me to speak that wisdom to others. Help my instructions to my husband, my friends, my clients be faithful to your truths. Holy Spirit guide me so that my words are based only on the precepts of God's Holy Word. Give me the energy to watch over all the affairs of my household. Help be to be willing to delegate and ask for help if needed. But do not let me eat of the bread of idleness. Let me accomplish the things that are pleasing to God. Guide me in being of service to God and others. In Jesus precious name I pray, amen.
Practical:
Once again Donna wants us to use Saturday to accomplish any unfinished tasks for here is the list of one-time tasks:
I identified the two messiest zones in my household and developed a strategy for conquering them. x
I gathered up toxic chemical cleaners and removed them from my house. Afraid I'm being a little cheap here but instead of throwing out what I have already bought; I replace them with more healthy less toxic cleaners.
I replaced the toxic cleaners (or am in the process of replacing them) with nontoxic alternatives. I'm in the process of replacing them.
I aired out my entire house (weather permitting).
Because we were without air conditioning last weekend I did just that.
I have cracked open a window or two in my house.
Yes I keep my bedroom window cracked.
I changed the air filter. I added to my calendar a reminder to change the air filter the first day of each month.
Actually my husband has done this for years. I keep him stocked with new air filters.
I am exploring replacing the carpet with wood flooring.
Not yet and don't plan on doing this for awhile. At this time it is not in our budget but may be sometime in the future. I would like to do this but am not certain if my husband will agree by as time goes on will keep bringing up the subject.
I created three cleaning caddies.
I actually already had four. General, kitchen and two bathroom ones.
My family worked together to create a shared servanthood strategy.
Again this is something my husband and I had already done.
I purified my house spiritually.
Although this was also something I had already done, I did go through again after prayer just to make certain I still felt good about what is in my home.
I invited a spiritual leader to come and pray through my house (optional).
I have not.

Check to confirm you are routinely incorporating the following positive changes into your daily routine:
I'm using my Personal Notebook. Yes
I'm regularly reviewing my Personal Vision Statement. Yes
I'm spending time in my prayer place, enjoying TAG. Yes
I'm dealing proactively with my secret sins. Yes
I'm completing this study every day, practicing the memory verse, and reciting affirmations daily. Yes
I'm becoming consciously selective about how I dress and how I use my time and resources. Yes
I'm becoming a more serious student of the Bible. Yes
I'm practicing the presence of God, being watchful, and thankful, and prayerful. Yes
I'm following my Evening Routine and going to bed on time. Yes this week.
I'm inviting God to awaken me each morning, saying no to the snoozew button, and following a Morning Routine. Yes this week.
I'm exercising control over my eating habits and limiting sugar intake. No, I did better this week but am still struggling in this area.
I'm using smaller plates and controlling food portions. No but did better this week.
I'm planning ahead for healthier eating. Yes - just don't always follow the plan particularly if someone brings in sweets at work or if my husband cooks something special at night.
I'm prayer walking three to five days per week. No but I do pray on my was to work each day, in addition to my prayer and devotions when I first get up.
I begin each day with a cleansing drink and consume sixty-four ounces of water everyday. I am consuming that much water or more but had to stop the cleansing drink because it was irritating an overly active bladder.
I stop eating several hours before bed. Almost every night.
I'm using the rebounder to fight gravity and cellulite. No and I have already explained why.
I routinely take cleansing baths. Yes, specially now that the weather is so hot.
I'm using my Daily Page and applying the 80/20 rule. Yes
I routinely give away everything I can. Yes
I'm tackling items on my Tackle List. No still have not gotten to those kitchen and bathroom floors. No time during the week and too hot last weekend without air conditioning. Hopefully tomorrow can do at least one of the three.
I'm tithing. Unfortunately not this month due to air conditioning. This time was a bit more than what was in the emergency fund.
I'm clearing out the rubble of debt and paying with cash. Yes
I have my savings and investments on autopilot. Yes
I'm wearing fashionable yet modest, correct-color clothing that actually fits and flatters me. Yes (I think)
I'm developing multiple streams of income through home enterprise. I have instituted something that should do this but have not yet received a check.
My family is maintaining our home using the shared servanthood strategy. Yes we were already doing this.
I spend fifteen minutes a day de-cluttering. Yes
Hope you all did better than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment