Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 52: Try Direct Marketing

Scripture to Memorize:
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed in strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
Proverbs 31:24-25
Passage to Read:
And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life--this is indeed a gift from God.
Ecclesiastes 5:19 NLT
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for all that you've given men. You are truely a wonderful God. It is a good thing to receive wealth from you an the good health to enjoy it. Holy Spirit give me the wisdome to not expend my health in the effort to get wealth otherwise I will have to spend the wealth to regain my health. I do enjoy my work and have learned to accept my lot in life as a gift from God. God has granted me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can. I know that my job is a gift from you Heavenly Father, it is what you want me to do to be of service to you and others. I know that every good and perfect gift are from you Lord and I give you thanks and praise for all that you have given me. I am grateful for you grace, love, and forgiveness. In the name of Jesus, thank you Lord. Amen.
Personal:
Today Donna encourages us to explore becoming involved in a direct sales company that is selling something we enjoy or use already. She lists several direct sales companies such as Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, and Creative Memories. I have been involved in direct sales in the past. The one that was my longest lasting and money making was Sarah Coventry Jewelry. However, I ultimately did not do as well as I could because all my profits were being spent with the company. I idea is to make money not spend money. Donna also cautions us that the 80/20 rule applies in direct sales as everything else. 20 percent of the people involved in direct sales for a company make 80 percent of the money. You have to determine do you want to be part of the 20 percent and are you willing to put forth effort. If not then you need a company that is successful enough that the remaining 80 percent can earn a decent income? She also suggests that you checkout the Direct Selling Association to see what might interst you. Their website is www.dsa.org.
Direct Sales rewards you for your hard work in direct proportion to your accomplishments. Donna then suggests you take the money you earn and invest it. She believes that anyone can make $250 a month with a reputable direct slaes or network marketing company. "The Proverbs 31 woman was active in product sales. You might want to seriously consider following her example", says Donna.
Affirmation: I enjoy my work.
Practical: Donna instructs us to explore the possiblity of investing some of your time and enrgy in building a direct sales business. I have plans on exploring this suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment