Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 17: Limit Your Sugar Intake

Scripture to Memorize:
She is like the merchant ships,
brining her food fdrom afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
Proverbs 31:14-15
Passage to Read:
When you sit to dine with a ruler,
note well what is before you,
and put a knife to your throat
if you are given to gluttony.
Do not crave his delicacies,
for that food is deceptive.
Proverbs 23:1-3
Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I am blessed in deed that the King of Kings is a part of my meals. Thank you for all the good things you have provided including my daily bread. Forgive me for all the times that I have not practiced self-control and have allowed myself to be seduced by things that are not healthy food. Help me to make better choices when I eat out at restaurants and special events. Help me to not eat what I know is not pleasing simply because I do not want to offend people.
Holy Spirit give me the strength to practive self-control where food is concerned. Help me to change my eating habits to be healthier. When I purchase the food for my home help me focus on only healthy food and avoid those things like refined sugar that does not satisfy but only causes problems for my body. Help control my cravings for sweets and deserts to stay in healthy moderation and only those things made with healthy ingredients. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Personal:
In this section today Donna talks about how damaging sugar is to our body. In particularly, she tells us how sugar effects our immune system. She encourages readers to begin limiting their intake of sugar. She also states that a person without self-control is like a city without city walls. In other words when we refuse to exercise self-control we leave ourselves open to destruction. We need to protect our immune system by limiting our intake of sugar.
Practical:
Pray and ask the Holy Spirit if you've been guilty of the sin of gluttony. Begin today to limit your intake of sugar.
Affirmation: I limit my sugar intake, lest I become like a city whose walls are broken down.

No comments:

Post a Comment