Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 4: Be a Woman Worthy of Confidence

Scripture to Memorize:
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
Proverbs 31:10-11

Passage to Read:
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:10-12

Dear heavenly Father, my deepest desire is to become a wife of noble character. Help me to always remember that the real test of my character is who I am when no one is watching. Help me to make the choices that I know are pleasing to you and not the choices that the world would have me make or the choices that are pleasing for others. Although I can never attain perfection in this life help me to strive to do my best and not allow this fact to keep me from doing what I know is right. Help me to not use this inability to reach perfection as an excuse to do whatever I want, to follow the world and to seek the approval of others and not you. I to do your will and to be of service to you. Thank you for loving me and guiding me, Father God. Empower me to live a life of grateful servic in response. Amen

Do I bring good and not harm to my husband, my employer, my friends and can they have confidence in me?
Am I the kind of woman that God can have full confidence in?
How might I bring harm to God? The most obvious way for an earthly husband to be harmed is to create jealousy in him by pursuing other exclusive relationships. The very first commandment tells me how important this issue is to God. I am to have no other God before Him. I am to have God first in my life.
I bring God good by living in such a way that he can have full confidence in me. A good wife is one who does the right thing even when her husband isn't watching, who remains faithfuol and diligent no matter the circumstances. She is trustworthy. Since I am completely faithful to my earthly husband, then I need to even more so to God. I need to be trustworthy in secret things so God can have full confidence that I will bring him good, not harm, all the days of my life.
This was defineately not always the case. There were many times in the past in my addictive life where I was not to be trusted. No one friends, employers, co-workers, family members, could truely trust me because I operated on my own self-will. I brought harm to God and every one around me. My god was my addictions and what I wanted. I think my loving God that he did not leave me in that condition, that as a shepherd seeks after his lost sheep, God continued to seek after me. When the time was right he drew me home much as the prodigal son was drawn home because his misey was so great, I turned around and sought my way back to God. It was a slow and rocky journey. However, it more blessed that I have now returned home I know that I am forgiven and my Father in heaven not only welcomed me home with open arms but He and the angels threw a banquet in heaven rejoicing that the one who was lost is now restored;
Affirmation: I bring God good, not harm, all the days of my life.
Practical: Some things that can bring God harm that I must continue to guard against. Gossiping, anger, resentments, placing approval of others before God, lying, tearing others down to build myself up. I need to be sure that others continue to know these tendencies and keep me accountable for doing what God would have me do to be a woman worthy of His confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment