Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 21: Weekly Reflection

Donna want us to use Sunday to meditate on the entire Proberbs 31 passage. Paricularly what we have memorized to this point.
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth fara more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides for for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
Weekly Evaluation
1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me?
I am listening for God's voice and at times I hear him, if I'll slow down and wait to hear him. He is telling me to be patient, to wait on his directions, his timing. I struggle with this because I am not good at waiting.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer?
I am beginning to manifest the fruit of the Spirit. I have no problem with love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and at times even gentleness. I still struggle however with patience and self-control. In particular self-control over my tongue.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG?
Mostly this week God has been telling to just slow down and relax. That he has everything under control. That If I would just be faithful to Him He would help me get through the week and complete everything on time. That I need to depend on Him to make things happen.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue?
Because this week at work was sort of hectic the priority that I tried to live by was letting God direct things. That was such a struggle when my schedule was so chaotic. However, I discovered it I would just let go and let God set the pace it all worked out.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect?
This week I neglected the goals of eating healthy and exercising. Time constraints made exercise extremely difficult and all of my meals except lunch Friday were eaten so fast that the message that I was full did not have time to reach my brain and therefore in the evening when I got home I overate. Because I don't get home until 9:30PM eating heavy then is the worst possible thing to do.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me?
One new thing I did learn is that when I was polite and explained my situation the Diva was easier to work with.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week?
(1) Slow down--don't get frazzled it will all get done.
(2) Eat healthier and slow down when I eat.
(3) Work some exercise into my daily schedule.
(5) Make a point to go to the gym at least twice this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment