Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 33: Transfer Problems To A Tackle List

Scripture to Memorize:
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindles with her fingers.
Proverbs 31:18-19
Passage to Read:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3
Dear Lord, you are my shepherd and I thank you for your guidance. Because I have you to lead me and guide me I want for nothing. I confess that at times I act like a child who has been over-indulged. I want things that are not good for me. But you Lord know what I need and you provide for those needs. When I rest in you my life is good and I know peace and serenity. You lead me down a path that is peaceful and quiet. Holy Spirit restore my soul, renew me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Help me to think differently and aim for you paths of righteousness. Guide me in the right pathways but not just for my reputation but for the sake of your's. Lord I desire to be a positive reflection on your name. I want people to see in my life your care and guidance. Thanks for leading me this far. Amen.
Personal:
Today Donna say that "we're going to do a simple exercise that has the power to help restore your soul. We're going to create a TACKLE LIST. You'll go from room to room and make note of everything that's unfinished, anything that bothers you, or things that need to be changed in some way. When you're done walking from room to room, sit down and search your mind. Anything else up there--phone calls to make, letters to write, classes to take, weight to lose? If it's bothering you, write it down. Get it out of your head and onto a piece of paper." Once it is on paper we are to estimate how much time that we think it will take to complete the task and then whenever we have extra time look at your Tackle List and see what can be done in however much time you have fifteen minutes, half an hour, etc. We are to add to our list whenever we think of something new.
According to Donna we should feel energized by our momentum so thaqt we can then move on to the next item, and the next, and the next. She tells us to not "let your lamp go out tonight until you've finished one item on your Tackle List. Before we go to bed at night we need to review our Tackle List.
Some of the things on my Tackle List is shampooing the carpet, one area at a time; knitting and crocheting projects that I am working on, and several unfinished books.
Affirmation: He restores my soul.
Practical:
Prepare your Tackle List. Review your Tackle List each night as you prepare your daily page for the next day. When you have completed a large number of items on your list and you have a number of crossed-off items rewrite you Tackle List. Add to it as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment