Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 25: Grow Strong By Defying Gravity

Scripture to Memorize:
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
Proverbs 31:16-17
Passage to Read:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as
living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by
the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what
God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:1-2
Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for your mercy and your amazing gift of salvation through the agony
of suffering you endured on the cross. My belief in your death and resurrection as the Son of God is the portal through which I can be guide to eternal life. There is no way that I can possibly understand the ultimate sacrifice you made. No sacrifice that I can make will ever compare. Yet I choose to offer my body a living sacrifice to you. You have make my poor pitiful sacrifice holy and pleasing to God. By your grace and mercy this has become my spiritual act of worship.
Holy Spirit help me to not conform any longer to the patterns of this world. Instead transform me by the renewing of my mind through your Holy Word. Your Word allows me to test and approve just what your will for me is. I want to experience not only your good and pleasing will but also your perfect will. This can only happen when I offer my body as a living sacrifice. Here I am Lord, take me, use me, mold me; I am yours. Amen.
Personal:
Donna now turns her attention on exercise. In particular what she calls rebounding, which is jumping lightly on a mini-trampoline. She further gives the benefits of using rebounding as your form of exercise. Basically she states that it strenthens the whole body, cell by cell. Which reduces cellulite, stimulates the lymphatic system promoting more efficient cell-cleansing processes. Donna quotes research conducted by NASA which stated that rebounding is more efficient in producing physiological results similar to running.
Donna also suggests that you place your rebounder in front of the television and thereby redeem time that would otherwise have been spent on the couch. She says she likes to multitask by bouncing while on the phone.
She does give these warnings:
(1) Bounce lightly. Do not leap in the air.
(2) Do nopt buy a cheap rebounder. Choose a rebounder with a cushioned landing.
(3) Check with your doctor. Do not rebound if you are or may become pregnant.
Although this is very practical advice and a good form of exercise if you are able this is one form that is not recommended for me because of issues of balance. However, similar benefit can be gained, just more slowly, doing similiar movements in the pool.
Affirmation: I grow strong through regular exercise.
Practical:
Although I can not rebound, I can commit to other forms of exercise that will be beneficial to me. I have paid my Wellness Center fees for the next three months and have committed to exercising for a minimum of 30 minutes three-four days a week at the wellness center. Days I do not go to the Wellness Center will walk beginning with 3, 10 minute walks a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment