Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 26: Purify Body and Soul

Scripture to Memorize:
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
Proverbs 31:16-71
Passage to Read:
Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge. . . .
Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:1-4, 7
Prayer:
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to the multitude of your tender mery and loving-kindness blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly and repeatedly from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin! For I am conscious of my transgressions and I acknowledge them; my sin is ever before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned and done that which is evil in your sight, so that you are justified in your sentence and faultless in your judgment. Purify me with hyssop and I shall be clean ceremonially; wash me, and I shall in reality be whiter than snow. Amen
(Psalm 51:1-4, 7 Amplified Bible)
Personal:
Here is Donna's example of a healthy cleansing diet from her book "Becoming the Woman I Want To Be".
"On arising, drink a cup of cranwater (1/4 unsweetened cranberry juice and 3/4 quarter water) with 1 tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed (use a coffee grinder).
Drink a cup of hot lemon water (1/4 to 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon).
Breakfast: two eggs scrabled with vegetables (i.e., broccoli, onion, garlic, peppers) or a protein shake made with one cup cranwater, one cup frozen blueberries, one-quarter cup frozen cranberries, one tablespoon flax oil, and one scoop of protein powder.
Midmorning: one service of fruit or vegetable.
Lunch: salad with one palm-sized serving of protein.
Midday: one serving of fruit or vegetable.
Dinner: one palm-sized serving of protein, along with steamed or stir-fried vegetables and a whole grain.
Before bed: one cup of cranwater with one tablespoon of ground flaxseed."

The next thing that Donna says is one of the kindest things you can do for yourself, body and soul, is to bathe. She does not think that a shower provides the purification that a cleansing bath can. Donna feels that this is very important as we begin to cleanse our systems through exercise and detoxification. Again she warns that as we begin to exercise and detox the body we may actually feel sicker. Her recipe for a cleansing bath is to "pour two cups of Epsom salts, two cups of baking soda, and a few drops of lavender or arnica oil into a hot bath. Soak until the water turns cold but no longer than thirty minutes. Be aware that you may feel dizzy when you emerge. That means the bathe did its job." I have not tried this full receipe but I do know that two cups of Epsom salts and two cups of baking soda in a warm bath can leave you feeling cool and refreshed in the Summer time and will also take care of prickly heat.
Donna suggests that you incorporate this cleansing bath in your Evening Routine once or twice a week and that you also light an aromatic candle, put on some relaxing praise music and meditate on Psalm 51 as you soak, asking God to cleanse your spirit even as you cleanse your body.
Affirmation: I purify my body and soul.
Practical:
I will begin to eat a more cleansing diet and I will purchase some lavender oil (lavender aids sleep) and some additional baking soda (already have the Epsom salts) and begin to take one or two cleansing baths into my Evening Routine. One of my biggest efforts will be to incorporate breakfast into my morning routine. I have long struggled with not eating breakfast in spite of reading in every book and web site on a healthy diet that it is important and will actually help you eat less.

No comments:

Post a Comment