Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 23: Purify Your Body with Enhanced Water

Scripture to Memorize:
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
Proverbs 31:16-17
Passage to Read:
Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything
that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2 Corinthians 7:1
Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for giving me your Word full of promises. I know that you have great plans for me. Plans to prosper me and not harm me. I admit that I want all your promises to be unconditional but I realize that some of your promises are contingent upon my obedience. Heavenly Father, I do want to be one of your obedient children who enjoys the fullness of your promises.
Holy Spirit guide and empower me to chose those things that purify me and not contaminate me. I know that the great deceiver wishes to contaminate me with things that will separate me from you. Therefore help me to be purified in mind, body, and spirit. Although I can not each perfection in this world, I can seek your grace to help me strive towards this goal. Out of reverence to you Father I do not want to expose you to those things that will break your heart or grieve you. Therefore, I chose the path of purity out of respect and love for you. In Jesus name, Amen.
Personal:
Donna now addresses the tendency we have to drink sodas, coffee, and tea. In particular she focuses on the large amount of soda this country drinks. She urges us to drink much more water. She states that it would be much better if we started our day with a large glass of water. She lists a number of benefits from drinking water. Some of the ones she lists is that it cleanses your internal system, promotes weight loss, clears skin, fights fatigue, gives energy, increases metabolism, prevents dehydration, helps reduce your total caloric intake and even carries fat out of the body. She suggests that instead of coffee the first thing in the morning you heat eight ounces of water and add freshly squeezed lemon juice. As much as half a lemon if your stomach can handle that much acid. This is a natural detoxification drink. Because it is removing toxins from the body it might initially upset your stomach and give you a headache which only means that the lemon is doing its work.
Donna further suggests that you resist the urge to add an artifical sweetener because this defeats the purpose. She recommends that you drink a cup of warm lemon water in the morning and at night.
Another way to increase water's effectiveness, according to Donna, is add a very small amount of unsweetened cranberry juice. She recommends that you purchase at least two thirty-two ounce bottles of unsweetened cranberry juice. Pour three-quarters of the first bottle into another container. Now fill the bottle that contains one-quarter cranberry juice with water. Drink this by noon. Refill on-quarter of the bottle with unsweetened cranberry juice and three-quarters water. Finish this bottle before you go to bed. Repeat this process every day for one month. Donna does warn that if you have not been eating healthy this process will initially make you sick. This is because your body is detoxifying itself from chemicals, excess sugar, caffeine, and other harmful substances.
She also suggests that you not plan on continuing this plan for the rest of your life but instead mix it up a bit. Some days drink two thirty-two ounce bottles with plain water. Some days add fresh lemon, lime, grapefruit, or orange juice. The important thing is to finish both bottles before you go to bed.
You can also split the water into smaller bottles. You will need to purchase a special bottle designed to be used for this purpose. DO NOT REUSE ORDINARY PLASTIC BOTTLES. Also she states that you first need to fill your two thirty-two ounce bottles and then fill the smaller bottles from these two large containers.
Affirmation: I purify myself from everything that contaminates my body and spirit.
Practical:
I do already drink lemon water, just not every day. I also drink a minimum of thirty-two ounces of water a day. However, I tend to use crystal light to flavor the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment