Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 28: Weekly Reflection

Scripture to Memorize: (repeat from memory and meditate on)
A wife of nobel character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm
all the days of her live.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong from her tasks.
Proverbs 31:10-17
Weekly Evaluation:
1. Am I listening for and hearing God's voice? What is he saying to me? Yes, and for the last two days he has been saying that I was wrong earlier this week. He has been reminding me that I should not be looking at what someone else's does but only be doing what my supervisor told me to do regardless of what other employees do.
2. Am I increasingly manifesting the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23)? What areas look encouraging? What needs prayer. This week I have been faithful in my TAG and in displaying joy because of that. However, I have been lacking in the others. My interactions with my coworkers did not manifest love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, or gentleness. I also lacked self-control of my mouth both in the way of words that came out of my mouth and what I put into my mouth.
3. What did God teach me during my TAG? He again stressed that I am to look to Him and the example of Jesus and not the example set by the world. By being resentful and unwilling to do some of Amelia's groups because she had not been putting in the hours at work that the rest of us had been doing, I was following the world's example. God has convicted me that as a believer I am to hold myself to a higher standard. I am suppose to be more Christ-like. In this case that would mean to not keep score but do what my supervisor had told me to do; which was to do a group for her and one for Sundee.
4. Which priorities did I live by? Which goals did I pursue? Unfortunately, this past week I lived by my priorities and I pursued my goals. I also ignored the healthy goals that I have set for myself as a means of taking care of God's temple; my body.
5. Which priorities or goals did I neglect? The ones related to taking better care of my body, the temple of God; the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. I ate things I should not eaten and I did not exercise.
6. What new thing did I learn--about life, God, my family, and the people around me? Most important is that if I am not diligent in my pursue of a better relationship with God, and following the path I believe he is leading me; I will very quickly slip back into old patterns. I do not have these new actions so ingrained in my being that they have become the norm.
7. What are my specific priorities/goals for the coming week? (1) EXERCISE either 30 minutes of walking or gym everyday even if it has to be broken up. (2) Eat healthy to include breakfast daily. (3) To do as my supervisor has instructed regardless of what the world tells me to do. (4) Drink my lemon water and cleansing water daily. (5) Take 3 cleansing baths, and (6) to contine my daily study of God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment