Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 24: Give Your Body Time To Digest

Scripture to Memorize:
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
Proverbs 31:16-17
Passage to Read:
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8
Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for giving us the morning. Thank you for the reminder that your love is fresh each morning. That each morning is a brand new start. Your love is never failing. Remind me to put my trust in you and not other things. You alone are trustworthy. Help me to put my trust in you each new morning Lord.
Holy Spirit show me which way that I should go. Direct my decisions so that they will be good decisions today and every day. To you alone O Lord, I lift up my soul. I offer myself to you each day. Thank you for being so trustworthy. O, Lord I pray. Amen.
Personal:
In today segment Donna shares with us the fact that we should stop eating 3-4 hours before we go to bed. This gives our body time to work on digesting our food and we wake up refreshed and ready to work vigorously like the Proverbs 31 woman. She also reminds us that eating at stimulates insulin production which in turn stimulates fat storage. Donna states that if you want to aid the disgestive process to take leisurely walk after dinner. If you feel hungry later on in the night remind yourself that you just ate and that it is either thirst (drink your water) or a craving which you should be saying no too. Then flush out what has been digested by drinking your warm lemon water the first thing.
Affirmation: I gigve my body time to digest.
Practical:
Stop eating at least three hours before going to bed and consider taking a leisurely stroll after dinner. Add this routine to your evening routine in your journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment