Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 20: Weekly Check-up

Cumulative Scripture Review
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
Proverbs 31: 10-15
Turn verses 14-15 into a Scripture-based prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, speak to my heart and help me to be willing to go to the extra effort to insure that Bo and I have healthy foods from which to prepare our meals. Help us to eat only healthy portions and to maintain a healthy balance between vegetables and fruit, complex carbohydrates, and proteins.
Holy Spirit, guard the thoughts I have while shopping and instead of cravings high processed food, refrined sugars, and fat, to remain focused on the guidelines of what you consider healthy eating. In Jesus name, Amen.
Practical
Saturday is your day to review and catch on any unfinished items. Confirm that you have completed the following one-time tasks:
I purged my pantry of nonfood foods.
I resolved to follow Daniel's example by eating vegetables and water for ten days (this I am not prepared to do that this time but will increase the number of vegetables that I eat each day).
I switched to smaller plates to help control food portions.
I prepared or printed off the menu planner/grocery list.
I have found a meal-assembly kitchen near me. (Unfortuntely I have not been able to locate one. Therefore will instead implement to program of preparing extra on the week by preparing large meal items that can be divided into a minimum of two other meals.).
Check to confirm you are routinely incorporating the following positive changes into your daily routine.
I'm using my Personal Journal
I'm regularly reviewing my Personal Vision Statement.
I'm spending time in my prayer place, enjoying TAG.
I'm dealing proactively with my secret sins.
I'm completing this study every day, practicing the memory verse, and reciting affirmations daily.
I'm becoming consciously selective about how I dress and how I use my time and resources.
I'm becoming a more serious student of the Bible.
I'm practicing the presence of God, being watchful, thankful, and prayerful.
I'm following my Evening Routine and going to bed on time.
I'm inviting God to awaken me each morning, saying no to the snooze button, and following a Morning Routine.
I'm exercising control over my eating habits and limiting sugar intake.
I'm using smaller plates and controlling food portions.
I'm planning ahead for healthier eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment