Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 32: Stow Away As Much As You Can

Scripture to Memorize:
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindles with her fingers.
Proverbs 31:18-19
Passage to Read:
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet
than a house full of feasting, with strife.
Proverbs 17:1
Prayer:
Dear Lord, I know that you want me to have peace. I long to create a peaceful home that will serve as a santuary for me and my family. Forgive me for following what the world tells me that the way to a happy home is through the accumulation of material things. Today's passage reminds me that less is really more. That a house does not have to be full of material things to be peaceful and happy. It is not plenty that makes a home peace and quiet but following the precepts that you have given in your Word. Holy Spirit help me to live differently and not seek to be like the world. Teach me to pursue peace rather than things. Train my heart to seek peace and quiet instead of endless activity.
Prince of Peace make your homewith me. Amen.
Personal:
The project that Donna next wants us to tackle is stowing away the things that we do not use every month. Today is to be a jumpstart towards stowing away everything that is not used every month so you won't stow away everything at once. Also as you go through things again we are to ask ourselves once more: can I live without this, does someone else need it more, you can still give things away. Start another give away box if there are things that you determine on re-examination to give away. Donna's suggestion for a start is to give your children and husband each a bin of their own with instructions to place any off-season clothing in their bin. Some of her suggested bins: a bin for each major holiday and then one of miscellaneous holiday decorations, each family should have a bin for their off-season clothing. Then bins for tax documents (keep five years), arts and craft supplies, and childrens school memorbilia. Then if there are other bins you need. Donna shared that she has a bin for jungle gear because she has been on three mission trips in the jungle and she wants to be asked back. However, she does not want to have her jungle gear taking up room in her closet. As I shared yesterday I already have the bin thing going on out of necessity. I have also recently replaced some of my plastic bins for clothese with the vacuum bags. However Christmas decorations, arts and craft supplies, and tax records do not work well in the bags so I continue to use bins for them. I also use smaller bins to corral some items like files, pens and pencils on my desk, magazines, journals, etc. I also use baskets a lot to keep things organized.
Affirmation I store up treasures in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment